All about the Author Meta Tag
The Author META tag defines the name of the author of the document being read. Supported data formats include the name, email address of the webmaster, company name or Internet address (URL). The most common format is to insert the name of the person or organization and a contact email address. The Author Meta Tag is not widely used but is recognized as part of the META Tag standard.
You can click on this link to read our article on the H1, Title and Description meta tags
Author Meta Tag Definition:
The Author Meta Tag declares who is the author of the article or post
<META name="Author" content="Author Information">
The Author Meta Tags are places between the <head> … </head>.
I put it right next to my Title, Description and Keyword Meta Tags.
More information on the purpose and use:
The author META tag defines the name of the author of the document being read.
Supported data formats include the name, email address of the webmaster, company name or Internet address (URL).
The most common format is to insert the name of the person or organization and a contact email address. This tag is not widely used but is recognized as part of the META Tag standard.
If you need more help with subjects like the Author Meta tag, the rest of the Standard Meta Tags, with wordpress or websites in General, below are some recommended Books and CD/DVD courses for you.
WordPress 24-Hour Trainer: Watch, Read, and Learn How to Create and Customize WordPress Sites (Book & DVD)
Don't let WordPress intimidate you. WordPress 24-Hour Trainer is a unique lesson-based book that walks you through the essential parts of WordPress. Each lesson is streamlined to teach a specific aspect of WordPress, helping you to focus on just what you need in order to get the task accomplished. If you learn better visually, this book provides you with a video to accompany each lesson.
This book is available at Amazon.com and the perfect guide to
- Planning and preparing your site for WordPress
- Installing WordPress
- Writing, tagging, and publishing a post
- Working with the text editor
- Styling paragraphs and creating lists
- Working with media files
- Linking, aligning, and sizing an image
- Working with image galleries
- Adding video and audio
- Naming, scheduling, and managing posts
- Making your site stand out
- Helping others connect to your site
- Becoming search engine friendly
- Optimizing your site
- Backing up your site
- Installing and activating plugins
List Price: $ 44.99
Recent Amazon Price: $ 29.69
Master the Web – Learning Basic HTML
Master the Web teaches the most exciting and in-demand web design techniques at your own pace – on your own time. This DVD tutorial makes learning so much fun, taking you step-by-step through core HTML processes.
This unrivaled DVD was carefully developed to offer hands-on application and maximum retention, rapidly becoming the training method of choice for web designers, advertising firms and hobbyists.
Watch at your convenience, revisiting sections whenever you want a refresh. It's like having your own private tutor. Find out just how easy HTML web design can be. It's up to you.
This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
List Price: $ 29.99
Recent Amazon Price: $ 29.99
Mastering HTML Made Easy Training Tutorial v. 4 – How to use HTML Video e Book Manual Guide. Even dummies can learn web design from this total CD for everyone, with Introductory – Advanced material from Professor Joe
- Over 3 hours of video lessons (142 individual lessons)
- PDF instruction manual
- Hands-on practice exercises
- Introductory through advanced material
- PC or MAC
Full-motion, animated instruction with crystal-clear audio in HTML. 142 individual lessons. The best HTML tutorial available. Designed by software training professionals who teach in our classrooms all year long. Learn at your office or home – at your own pace. Deluxe Training includes the PDF instruction manual with practice exercises & appendix of HTML tags! Customize your training with the easy-to-use menu. Clear, easy-to-follow, step-by-step instruction. Watch the training sessions as many times as you want while you practice in HTML. No messy set-up, no internet connections needed. The best way to learn HTML on your own.
Recent amazon Price: $ 29.95
You can click on this link to go to our home page and read more Meta Tag Articles!
OK thats it for this article
I have client who wants me to add a lot of badges to his websites. The badges are clickable links to the website the badge is provided from. Will that count as a backlink to my clients website or do the websites with the badges have to contain a link to my clients website in order for it to count as a backlink?
I will answer this by starting with the basics and getting to more complex options:
1) If Website ” A” has a Badge on it and if they click that badge they go to website “B” then Website “B” has a backlink going to it from Website “A”.
2) If Website “A” has a Badge on it that is not clickable (meaning it has no link – No “a href =” tag) then that badge has no backlink “juice” and no one gets a backlink from it.
3) If You place badges on websites you can place a link in the tag to any website you want and that badge will then create a backlink to the website it has a link for.
4) For greater “Link Juice” (importance to the search engines) make sure the link does not have the “nofollow” code in it.
To learn more about links you can read this article on how to make backlinks: http://wordpressblog101.com/how-to-make-a-backlink