WordPress Database Backup Plugin
Need a WordPress Databasse Backup Plugin? – use the FREE BackupWordpress Plugin
How to backup wordpress is EASY and FREE when you use the best wordpress backup plugin: Backupwordpress!
This WordPress Database Backup Plugin Is easy to use, simple to configure and you will have your site backed up in minutes. NO NEED TO MONKEY WITH MYSQL or cpanel or anything!
Note: If you don’t know how to install plugins or find any of this confusing, click on this link to read our WordPress how to Beginners manual
How to backup wordpress step by step instructions:
1) Login to your wordpress blog admin panel
2) Half way down the tabs on the left side click on plugins
3) Click on add new
4) In the search field enter Backu pwordpress and click on search plugins;
5) You will only get 1 or 2 back. But click on install for the “BackupWordpress” Plugin.
6) Then click on install now that is in the bright red button in the upright hand corner.
7) Then click on activate plugin
8) They hid the configuration for the BackUpWordpress plugin in the Dashboard(usually it would be in Settings) So go to the Dashboard
9) Click on the little arrow at the end of the BackUp WordPress word in the dashboard about halfway down the left side
10) Click on Start By configuring the Options
11) It will suggest a place to store the backups. Click on save to accept it.
12) Then click on continue.
13) This will bring up the main control panel as seen below. You just have to decide how often to run the back up and if you want a copy emailed to you (Not a bad idea). I suggest the full weekly backup. Or daily if you are in the middle of developing your website and changing it alot every day. Click Save for anything that you change.
WordPress Database Backup Plugin EasyMode.
Configuration options below. For more options, please swith to AdvancedMode »
Backup WordPress Path
This is where all your backups go (I am using this site as an example. Your results will display your sites name and file path).
Basic Backup WordPress Scheduling
Do you want BackUpWordPress to be scheduled and run automatically?
Backup Type: Full Backup Weekly: is not activated activate »
Backup Type: SQL Only Backup Daily: is not activated activate »
Do you want to receive your backups automatically by email?
14) Thats it for our WordPress Database Backup Plugin Guide.
Thats how to backup wordpress using the BackupWordpress plugin! The backups will now run automatically for what ever period you selected! You can click on this link to read our article on the top 20 WordPress Plugins that you should use on your blog!
Here is a list of the BackUp WordPress plugin features in case you want to know more about How to BackupWordpress with this plugin.
- Switch between EasyMode and AdvancedMode
- Database backup as well as directory structure including uploaded files, plugins, etc.
- Set up Mail notification on new backups
- Trigger backup manually
- Set basic schedules for your backups
- restore backups
- staggered SQL import when restoring
- automatically continue unfinished backups in background
- download backups
- Help page
- Language Support for english and german(deutsch)
more option in AdvancedMode:
- Set and manage custom schedules
- Check disk space
- View backup Logs
- Delete backups manually
- Manage backup presets
- Manage exclude-lists for use with these presets
This WordPress Database Backup Plugin guide will be updated as conditions change so check back!