Recommended SEO PlugIns for WordPress
There are a lot of SEO PlugIns for wordpress out there. Here are my top 8 recommendations. In addition you can easilly search for more FREE plugins thru your wordpress admin panelk. Just click on the Plugins tab on the left hand side and then click on add new. This will open a screen with a search box and you can type in SEO and search for other SEO plugins!
1) Skip the all in one SEO Plug in.
Use the Platinum SEO and Keyword Statistics SEO plug ins. The Platinum SEO Plugin is better then the All In One SEO Plug In and when it installs it migrates all the all in one plugin stuff for you.
2) I use The FREE platinum SEO WordPress plug in AND the FREE keyword statistics plugin at the same time.
I Use keyword statistics to track my keywords and keyword phrases in each post and to customize my Title and description> I let Platinum SEO do everything else. here is what it does:
3) Here are Features of the FREE Platinum SEO Plug in:
* Optimized Post and Page Titles for search engines
* Generates all SEO relevant META tags automatically
* Helps you avoid duplicate content
* Lets you override any title and set any META description and META keywords, for any post or page
* Compatible with most other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.However you may have to disable All in One SEO pack
* You don’t have to fear changing permalinks. If you are not satisfied with the current permalink, change it through Settings–>Permalinks in your admin panel, without worrying about loss of Page rank or Google penalty.Platinum SEO plugin will take care of issuing a 301 redirect to the new location.This is a new essential feature, not present in All in one SEO
* Add meta description and meta keywords tags to WordPress Categories and WordPress Tag pages. Check, how to do it here
* Add index, noindex, follow or nofollow, noarchive, nosnippet, noodp, noydir meta tags to any post/page.These options are not available in All in one SEO Pack.Find out why this option to set post/page level HTML meta robots tag useful?
4) Here are the main features of the FREE Keyword Statistics Plug in.
This is great for Tracking your 1,2 and 3 word keyword phrases. Don't waste a ton of time on the density. I just use it to make sure that the keyword phrases I am focusing on for the post are used the most::
- Keyword density statistics about the usage of single keywords and keyphrases (2- and 3-words)
- Setting an individual title for each page and post
- META keywords will be set automatically based on the page content
- META description generated from content based on the keyword statistics
- Definition of individual titles, keywords and descriptions for all kinds of content aggregations. A set of variables that can be used on the specific aggregations – keywords will be filled up automatically to the maximum number of keys (you can define this too) with the ones generated from the listed posts.
- Predecessors and successors that will be added to all page titles and descriptions served by your blog
- Sitewide definition of meta keywords that will appear at the end or the beginning of the keyword list on each page of your blog – in addition to the ones defined for single posts or pages and at the various aggregations keyword lists.
- Page-specific control of robots META
- Generation of Canonical URLs – also for all kinds of content aggregation (lists with last posts, archive, tag, category, search results and author including pagination)
- Controls the index/follow settings of the content aggregations (full control of robots for the specific aggregations)
- Configuration of ODP, Yahoo! Directory and ARCHIVE (archiving of the content for search engines like Google but also at archive.org) META
- Prevents urls resulting in a not found response (404) from indexation
- All meta tags generated by the plugin can be switched off separately to prevent collisions with other plugins
5) If you are new to wordpress or struggling with SEO and getting traffic, spend the $27 bucks and buy the SEOPressor Plugin
SEOPressor analyses your WordPress Website and tells you specifically how to improve its SEO and even keeps a score of the SEO for your pages that you can track as you make the changes SEOPressor tells you to:
- It will tell you, for instance, if your keyword is placed in the right position or not, and what a better position would be.
- It finds out the hottest keywords on the Internet and tells you how you can use them.
- It keeps monitoring the keywords and continuously makes suggestions.
- It also tells you what density you should use the keyword in and what special formatting you need to keep it.
- It will tell you about what kind of format you need to use for your titles—H1, H2 or H3
- and it will tell you how the graphics on your website are influencing the prospects of your Website.
- If you run a blog, SEOPressor will look at your individual posts and suggest changes if anything is wrong.
- It also tells you the value of each of your existing posts!
- and a lot more
No BS Just one of the SEO Plug ins that works and is Worth the money they ask for it. you can click on this link to read our review of the SEOPressor SEO Plug In for WordPress:
6) Use the FREE All in One Webmaster WordPress Plugin
Although this is not promoted as one of the SEO plug ins for wordpress, it really is providing SEO functionality and is a must have. Here is what it does:
1) Sitemap Submission option to Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com. 2) Options to add Google, Bing, Yahoo, Alexa, Facebook Insights, Facebook, Blogcatalog Webmaster Meta Tag. 3) Options to add Google, Quantcast.com, GetClicky.com, Compete.com Analytics scripts for your blogs
If you are a webmaster you probably heard of “Google Webmaster Tool“.
All in One Webmaster has option to add Google, Bing, Yahoo Webmaster Meta-Tags. Single click sitemap submission to Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask. Add tracking code for Google, Clicky, 103Bees analytics. It also has option to add META TAGS for Google, yahoo, bing, alexa and blogcatalog sites. It uses the wphead() and wpfooter() hooks built in to WordPress to add content to your header and/or footer.
7) Use the FREE SEO Smartlinks plugin
SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
Further SEO Smart links allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs.
Finally SEO Smart links allows you to set nofollow attribute and open links in new window.
8) SEO Plug Ins tip – I am experimenting with the FREE SEO Booster Lite SEO Plug Ins.
There is a pro version you can buy. But the core functionality is the same. So I am trying the lite version of this SEO Plug Ins first.
Here is how the plugin works:
SEO Booster also detects when your rankings for the keywords has changed, and so they are no longer necessary to “boost”. This SEO Plug Ins started out with just the widget that showed the search terms, but it evolved over time.
- A visitor comes in from a search engine.This information is then stored in the database.After a while, the plugin has collected enough data to start working.
- The time and date of the visit is stored (the latest visit only)
- The page the visitor came from is stored, and analyzed.
- From the referring URL, the following can be deducted:
- The search query
- Which blog post they land on
- Which result page the visitor came from (1, 2, 3, etc.)
- Google domain (.com, .se, .fi, .es, etc.)
- Search language (Finnish, Swedish, German, etc).
- Number of visits from this search query
- The plugin starts to show the some of the incoming keywords and the landing page they are associated with. It decides which search queries to display based on the settings in the plugin. These settings can be tweaked to act very specifically to your needs, or you can use the default settings the plugin came with.
- In the background, a small cron-job is running, which gradually researches in more detail exactly what ranking the keyword has. When a visitor visits from a search engine, the plugin can only get the information of which result page the visitor came from.A visitor that comes from result page 2, might have clicked to your page ranking as #11, 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 or 19, yet there is no way to know without researching.The cron job researches this information gradually, the speed of which can be changed in the settings. If the cron job runs too quickly, it would be a bad signal to send to the search engines.
- As time passes by, the plugin will start to detect searches with terms that are more popular (gets more visitors) than the ones it is displaying right now, and so it will show other search terms and landing pages.
- If you edit your theme, it is possible for you to add more dynamic SEO to your blog. SEO Booster PRO offers a PHP function, which is very flexible and can be used several ways.One of my favorite ways, is to implement a < h2>-tag containing the top 3 most visited keywords for that particular blog post.
OK thats it for these Recommended SEO Plug Ins for WordPress