Woothemes Delicious Magazine Theme is smooth!
I own a copy of the Woothemes Delicious Magazine and I used to run it on 2 recipe websites I own. It is gorgeous and easy to set up and use. I stopped using it because my websites make money off of Adsense and for some reason people clicked on the ads less with this theme then a plain jane theme. That said this is a great WordPress theme for any blog or website that you want to show products that are visually appealing in a Magazine format. Obviously Food is one, others might include Home furnishings, cookware, Beauty supplies, etc.It includes 9 different selectable alternative styles to fit many different blog subjects. It includes a big featured area that captivates the user with large images, and also a sub featured spotlight area that makes your homepage look like more than a blog. You can click on this link to read our article on how to add a store to a Theme like this and make money off of your blog or website!.
Woothemes Delicious Magazine Unique Features
- Featured Post PanelThe new featured post panel shows three posts you want to highlight on your site. It can be setup to have a slide or fade transition and also auto-rotate. All this is controlled in your options panel.
- Custom TypographyYou can customize all the typography in this theme, and there is full support for Google Fonts in the font selector.
- Sub Featured AreaBelow the featured area is a spotlight section where you can show off more important posts in addition to those in the featured area. You also have an option to show your latest posts in a two-column layout on the homepage.
- Custom WidgetsThe theme has up to 4 widgetized areas in the footer and 1 in the sidebar, and as always comes with custom Woo Widgets (Adspace Widget, Ad 125×125, Embed/Video, Flickr, Tabs, Subscribe/Connect, Search, Twitter Stream, Blog Author Info).
- Alternative StylesThe theme includes 9 alternative color styles which you can preview in the demo, but you can also customize the background color/image and modify your link and button colors in the options panel so you have full control of how the theme looks.
Woothemes Exclusive Features found in Woothemes Delicious Magazine
- Sidebar ManagerNEW! Sidebar Manager allows you to replace all widgetized sidebars and footers in our themes with unique custom sidebar.
- Custom ShortcodesNEW! All our themes include Custom Shortcodes that allow you to easily add buttons, boxes, social buttons, columns and more to your posts, pages and widgets.
- Built-in SEO optionsAll our themes now include SEO options to help propel your site’s search engine ranking.
- Custom Navigation
Standard WooThemes Features included in the New Woothemes Delicious Magazine
These features are just as special as the one’s above, but you’ll find these standard within most of our wide range of themes:
Backend theme options
Making simple changes without editing code, like adding your own logo, changing to an alternate colour style, adding Google Analytics code, couldn’t be easier with our WordPress backend theme option’s panel.
We’ve tested our themes to ensure they are compatible with all the modern web browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. They should also all be web standards compliant.
image resizer script built into the Woo framework automatically scales your post images for pixel perfect display in our templates. No need to upload new cropped images when re-designing your website.
Localized for translations
WooThemes come packaged with a .po file for easy WordPress theme translations into your desired language – editing one neat little file without hunting down text in all our theme templates. Supports WPML plugin. (WordPress only)
All woo themes are built on the same WooThemes framework – modifications through our options panel are a breeze, and all is neatly coded for search engine readiness and further theme development.
Delicious Magazine Custom page templates
Woo themes come packaged with a full width page template without the sidebar, and sitemap/archives page templates for efficient quick links to all the hidden posts you wrote ages ago that still deserve to be seen.
OK thats it for this wordpress theme Review